Phra Nakhon Kriri Historical Park or Khao Wang
Location : Amphoe Muang
Phetchaburis well-known landmark, the locally known as Khao Wang (Palace Hill) is located up on a 92-meter high verdant hill,
in the city of Phetchaburi. It was built under the royal command of King Rama IV and in 1860 became his summer palace.
The whole compound is comprised of royal halls, palaces, temples and other buildings which were elegantly constructed
in a well-balanced Thai, neoclassical Western and Chinese architectural styles.
There are a group of royal residences on the western side of the hill consisting of the Phetchphoomphairot Building,
Pramotmahaisawan Building, Wetchayanwichienprasat Building, Ratchathammasapha Building and Hor Chatchawanwiengchai Observatory.
Phra Ram Ratchaniwet
Originally called "Wang Ban Pun", the European style palace is situated to the south of the town.
The construction began in 1909 at the command of King Rama V to be his rainy season palace.
A German architect, Mr. Karl Deurring designed the palace, while Admiral HRH Prince Boriphat
of Nakhonsawan and HRH Prince Damrong supervised the construction. The construction was completed in 1916
in the reign of King Rama VI. The place was used to welcome and accommodate state visitors during the reign of King Rama VI.
Location : Cha Am Global Village
The summer seaside palace is located midway between Cha-am and Hua Hin. It was built in 1923 under the royal
command of King Rama VI using golden teakwood from the demolished Hat Chao Samran Palace.
An Italian architect designed the palace with a dazzling composition of verandahs and latticework in regal proportions.
The palace is open to the public daily, Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Saturday, Sunday and public holidays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Wat Kamphaeng Laeng
Location : Amphoe Muang
This monastery was originally a Khmer place of worship constructed in accordance with Bhramanism.
Originally, there were five prangs (Khmer-style pagoda) made of sandstone in the original worshiping place.
When the influence of Buddhism in the region prevailed, it was turned into a Buddhist temple.
A Shrine hall was later constructed. Today, visitors can
only admire the remaining four prangs which remain next to the sandstone walls.
Location : Amphoe Banlaem
The temple, which is located at Ban Laem District, 12 kilometers from Phetchaburi City,
houses a highly respected sitting Buddha image locally known as "Luang Pho Khao Takhrao".
The image was found at the mouth of Maenam Mae Klong in Samut Songkhram Province by Ban Laem villagers,
who migrated from Ban Laem to Samut Songkhram during the fall of
Ayutthaya in order to move away from the route of the Burmese troops.
Wat Maha That Worawiharn
Situated by Maenam Phetchaburi in the town centre, the large white pagoda of Wat Maha That,
which can be seen from a distance, is a mixture of the late Ayutthaya and early Rattanakosin
style with an adaptation of the prang of Lopburi. This Five Peak Prang housing
the Lord Buddha's relics was constructed according to concept of Mahayana Buddhism.
The elegantly designed stucco decorated on the viharn and the ubosot is proof to
the excellent skill of Phetchaburi's local craftsmanship.
Location : Amphoe Khao Yoi
A temple at Tambon Bang Khem with a teak bot (a rite hall). Its outer surface of the walls is carved into scenes depicting the
Ten Incarnations of the Buddha and the door panels in to openwork of inter twined sprays patterns, all with masterly craftsmanship.
Wat Yai Suwannaram
Another important temple in the town, Wat Yai Suwannaram is situated 1 kilometer east of the city hall.
The temple, featuring a windowless main shrine hall, houses magnificent 300-year-old murals of mythical angels.
Its Sala Kanprian (multi-purpose hall) which was once located in Ayutthaya's Grand Palace,
was entirely built of teakwood and decorated with fine woodwork especially at the door panels.
There is also a preaching throne with magnificently elaborated
Bangkok style woodcarvings and gold gilt works located in the hall.
Rafting along the Phetchaburi River
The trip takes approximately 5-6 hours to complete, depending on the current.
The route passes lush forests and a Karen hill tribe Village. The journey from
Phetchaburi City to the starting point may take approximately 3 hours
on a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Call 02 918 6067 or 034 410695 for more details.
CHA-AM MAGIC SHOW
Magic Show, Show times: daily at 08.00 pm. at CHA-AM MAGIC SHOW ,Phetkasem Road,
Tambon Cha-am, Amphoe Cha-am, Phetchaburi
More details; contact tel: 081 696 6921, 083 808 1094
Lao Song (Thai Song Dam) Tribal Villages
The descendents of Lao Song, whose ancestors have migrated from Laos, live in the villages
of Ban Nong Prong and Ban Thap Khang. Their customs and traditions have been preserved and
are still practiced. In April, they organize social events with entertainment and folk plays.