Phichit Attractions, Attractions in Phichit, what to do in Phichit, Phichit Sightseeing

larger text smaller
Attractions
Historical Sites
Utthayan Mueang Kao Pichit
Location : Amphoe Mueang
Utthayan Mueang Kao Pichit
Utthayan Mueang Kao Pichit
About 7 kilometres from town on the Phichit-Wang Chick road (no. 1068) is Utthayan Mueang Kao Phichit. The park features an ancient town dating back to more than 900 years. Most of the structures discovered were built during the Sukhothai and Ayutthaya periods. The old town is surrounded by city walls and moats. During the Sukhothai period it was called Muang Sa Luang situated on the original bank of the Nan River before the river changes its course, which was the reason the town itself was moved to the new bank in circa 1881 during the reign of king Rama V.

Attraction
City Pillar Shrine: This shrine has been placed on the second floor of the two-storey building. The stature of "Phya Khottabang" or so-called "Pho Pu" is housed on the first floor. The building is surrounded by many trees. This provides a pleasant scene. In addition, there is a recreation pavilion.

Wat Mahathat: This monastery is located approximatedly 300 meters from Wat Nakhon Chum, also in the area of the old city presumed to have been constructed in Sukhothai period. Objects of art found from excavation made in this temple are potter and Buddha images.

Tham Chalawan: The cave has its origin from the literature "Krai Thong" Wrote by King Rama II. It is 1 meter wide 1.50 meters long and 4 meters deep. The local tale says that over 65 years ago. A Buddhist monk of Wat Nakhon Chum walked with a candle into the cave and did not reach the cave when the candle was burnt out. Therefore, nobody can tell how beautiful the ave inside is At present, the cave is lesser deep because it has been gradully destroyed by time. The statues of Krai Thong and Chalawan are installed at the cave entrance.
Religious Sites
Wat Tha Luang
Wat Tha Luang
Wat Nakhon Chum (Nakhon Chum Temple)
Location : Amphoe Mueang
Built in the Sukhothai period about 800 hundred years ago, the temple features an old Ubosot built with brick and mortar with the upper parts in wood. Instead of windows, there are narrow openings for ventilation throughout the walls, similar to temples of the Ayutthaya period. In the Ubosot is a large Sukhothai-style Buddha statue once used as the principal statue in oath-taking ceremony pledging allegiance to the monarch.
Wat Rong Chang (Rong Chang Temple)
Location : Amphoe Mueang
Located in Tambon Rong Chang, this monastery is on Phichit-Wang Chik Road about 5 kms. far from town. During the reign of Phraya Kottabong, this area was formerly called "Kong Chang" (Elephant gathering) because it was a rest area of elephant and mahouts. Within the monastery compound, there are 3 giant Buddha images in different postures: Subduing Evil, Reclining and Restraning. The most interesting thing is the big Chedi with an underground room used for keeping the bricks that 84,000 sections of the Buddhist Scripture are inscribed. The construction of the hidden room is based on the foreseen view that there might be an unexpected event such as a nuclear war, which can erase the existance of the Buddhist Scripture in the world.
Wat Tha Luang (Tha Luang Temple)
Location : Amphoe Mueang
Built on the west bank of the Nan River within town limit in 1845, Wat Tha Luang today houses Luang Pho Phet, a Chiang Saen-style Buddhist statue cast in bronze.
Wat Pho Prathap Chang (Pho Prathap Chang Temple)
Location : Amphoe Pho Prathap Chang
Bueng Si Fai
Bueng Si Fai
It was built by Phra Chao Sua, an Ayutthaya king, in 1701 at a site reputed to be his own birth-place. Although abandoned for almost 300 years, the remaining traces are indicative of past splendors, such as a huge Vihan with its walls still standing but now roofless, and small Chedis scattered over the site. The entire site is surrounded by double-walls and huge trees, some of which are over 200 years old.
Wat Khao Rup Chang (Khao Rup Chang Temple)
Location : Taphan Hin
Wat Khao Rup Chang is located along the Phichit-Taphan Hin road some 15 kilometres from town. On the hilltop is an old, Ayutthaya-style Chedi built of bricks but with its top part now broken. There is also a Mondop, the wall murals of which have largely faded away. The Mondop house a bronze Holy Relic.
Wat Phra Phutthabat Khao Ruak (Phra Phutthabat Khao Ruak Temple)
Location : Amphoe Taphan Hin
It is located in M.5, Tambon Wang Lum, about 10 km from Amphoe Taphan Hin. Within the monastery, there is a replica of the Buddha footprints, an imitation of Wat Phra Phutthabat, Saraburi. The famous Buddhist monk, Pra Achan Ngon Sairayo usually stays at this monastery during Buddhist Lent in the rainy season. He had built Phra Phutthawimok, the Buddha image in meditation with the lap width of 29 inches, and gave it to schools throughout the country. There is also a small zoo in the compound.
Wat Huay Khen (Huay Khen Temple)
Location : Bang Mun Nak
Khao Phanompha Gold Mining
Khao Phanompha Gold Mining
It is located in Tambon Huay Khen, about 8 km from Amphoe Bang Mun Nak on Bang Mun-Kak Wang Ngui Road. Within its ancient temple registered by the Fine Arts Department, there is an original mural painting describing some parts of the well-known literature of "Ramakien" or "Ramayana epics".
Wat Hirunyaram or Wat Bang Khlan (Hirunyaram Temple or Bang Khlan Temple)
Location : Amphoe Bang Mun Nak
It is located in Tambon Huay Khen, about 8 km from Amphoe Bang Mun Nak on Bang Mun-Kak Wang Ngui Road. Within its ancient temple registered by the Fine Arts Department, there is an original mural painting describing some parts of the well-known literature of "Ramakien" or "Ramayana epics".
Markets
Local Products Center
Location : Amphoe Mueang
Local products and souvenirs on sale are the basketry from water hyacinth, weave cloth of Ban Pa Daeng, mixed tamarind, etc. The center is open everyday except Monday.
Opening Hours: 10.00 am. - 05.00 pm.
Natural Attraction
Bueng Si Fai
Location : Amphoe Mueang
This Bueng Si Fai is a large fresh-water lake to the south of town. It is a Fishery Department's facility to breed fresh-water. Along the banks is a delightfully landscaped park suitable for rest and recreation. The scenery is at its most scenic in the early morning and late afternoon. On the other side of the park is an aquarium exhibiting species of native fish and local fishing equipment. An eye-catching sight is a gigantic, crocodile-shaped structure within which is a space which could be used for meetings.

Dong Charoen Vineyard
Dong Charoen Vineyard
Suan Somdet Phrasri Nakarinthra Phichit It is the first park of its king in Thailand. In 1984, the Phichit Provincial Administration in cooperation with the Department of Non-formal Education established the park on the whole area of 170 rais. Within the park is a large pons called "Bung Si Fai" where a giant pavilion has been built for recreational purpose. The pavilion can be accessed by a linking bridge. Along the edge of the pond and the walkway around, it is decorated with big trees and flower plants. In addition, there is a grassy slopeused a stage for public entertainment on weekends.

Crocodile Eigure Phrasri Nakarinthra Phichit
It is a crocodile figure 38 meters long, 6 Meters wide and 5 meters high Its mouth is measured 4.5 meters long. This striking figure stands in front of Bung Si Fai. Within its huge body, there is a convention room with its capacity of 20 - 30 seats.

Fish Display Center
It is a star shape building located in the Bung Si Fai. Inside, there are showcases of more than 20 unknown fish species. At the central part of the building, there is space provided for seeing various fishes living in the pond and gatgerubg ti be fed by visitors. The center is open for the public during 10.00 am. - 6.00 pm. from Mondays to Fridays and 10.00 am. - 7.00 pm. on weekeds.
Khao Phanompha Gold Mining
Location : Amphoe Wang Sai Phun
It is located in Tambon Huay Khen, about 8 km from Amphoe Bang Mun Nak on Bang Mun-Kak Wang Ngui Road. Within its ancient temple registered by the Fine Arts Department, there is an original mural painting describing some parts of the well-known literature of "Ramakien" or "Ramayana epics".
Other Attractions
Dong Charoen Vineyard (Kajorn farm vineyard)
Location : Amphoe Tapan Hin
Dong Charoen Vineyard (Kajorn farm vineyard)<
Kajorn farm
Dong Charoen vineyard is located at Talingchan – Municipality. Away from Khajorn farm (Ostrich Farm), approximately 15 kilometers to vineyards in the area 200 rai bred varieties are famous Union Black Queen. Open for visitors to view the beautiful scenery of vineyards. The knowledge of grape growing and for making wine Eat fresh grapes to the wineries, visit this vineyard. Will result in the purchase you’ve been in the Mar – Apr. Jul – Au. And the best out of Nov - Dec
Kajorn farm (Ostrich Farm)
Location : Amphoe Tapan Hin
121 Moo 2 Tambon Wang Ngew about 57 km away from downtown, Amphoe Thapan Hin to Baan Khao Sai. Then turn right onto Highway No. 11 about 12 km., intersection Bang Mul Nak- Nakorn Sawan, turn right along with gypsum mining about 10 km. to Baan Kok Sanun – Baan Taling Chan intersection, can see Ostrich Farm sign, turn right along 7 km. and turn left along 3 km. In Ostrich Farm, there are 1000 Ostrichs. In addition , there are Alligator Pond, peacock & deer.